Friday 28 February 2014

Apple Cider Syrup

My family (my husband in particular) loves the Browned Butter Buttermilk Syrup recipe I tried out a few months ago.  This week I tried this Apple Cider Syrup recipe (found HERE) and it was a big success, too.  Less sweet than the other one.  It's consistency is more like gravy with all the cornstarch though.  I may fiddle with that next time.  You have to almost bring it back to boil the next day to get the runny consistency again (just like day old gravy).  This recipe would be great over some homemade pumpkin french toast or something.  We served over THESE pancakes.

Ingredients:

1/2 c granulated sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c apple juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp butter


Directions:

Whisk together sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch (I like to always sift my cornstarch so I don't get lumps).  Whisk in the apple juice and lemon juice.  Bring mixture plus butter to boil over medium heat in a small sauce pan.  After it boils, let it gently boil for 2 more minutes.  Serve warm over waffles or pancakes or french toast.





No comments:

Post a Comment