Wednesday 15 August 2012

Baked Mustard Lime Chicken

From this site: http://www.elanaspantry.com/baked-mustard-lime-chicken/

I love this recipe- so simple yet so bold; so easy yet impressive enough for company.  I managed to take pictures of the prep but after marinating I came back, got into the groove of cooking, and it wasn't until we were half way through that I realized I never took a picture of the end result.  Oh well...go look at the picture on the site I got the recipe from.
I wouldn't suggest skin on chicken for this recipe and if you use bone-in make sure to increase the cooking time.  Recipe is still good if you only have a few minutes for marinating.

Easy, delicious, flavour forward!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast or thigh
  • ½ cup fresh lime juice (it took me about 3 limes)
  • ½ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped (parsley is my favourite)
  • ¼ cup dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper

Directions:

  1. Combine lime juice, cilantro, mustard, olive oil, chili, salt and pepper in a food processor (I used my magic bullet)
  2. Pulse until ingredients are well combined
  3. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry and place in a baking dish
  4. Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 15 min-6 hours 
  5. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes uncovered (bone-in increase to 35-40), or until an instant read thermometer reads 165°
  6. Serve with extra sauce spooned over top

Marinade

Marinated chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment