Wednesday 8 October 2014

Thai Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, Carrot Soup with Roasted Honey Sriracha Seeds

Autumn has arrived and so has soup season! My favourite season of the year.  I made my first batch of soup last night.  It was delightful- so rich and creamy and so full of veggies and not at all of cream.  In fact, this recipe was beyond reproach- I didn't have to tweak it at all.  So I'm going to list the ingredients for you but then send you over to her site for instructions because it would be a complete copy and paste.  It was perfect as is.  The only thing I did differently (and only because I'm lazy) was roast the butternut squash whole so I wouldn't have to peel and chop it raw.

Ingredients: 
Thai Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, Carrot Soup

3 tablespoons coconut oil (may substitute olive oil)
1 sweet onion, diced
1/4 cup red curry paste
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
8 garlic cloves, minced (I guess I did change something- I did 4 cloves)
3 cups uncooked butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1”cubes, seeds separated
1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1”cubes
3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (14 oz.) can quality coconut milk
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dried basil (I also think some thai fresh basil would be amazing in this instead of the cilantro on top)
2 tablespoons lime juice
Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce to taste (optional)  

Honey Sriracha Butternut Squash Seeds

Reserved butternut squash seeds
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

Garnish


Freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (a must! unless you're allergic)
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped

Find directions at http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/thai-butternut-squash-sweet-potato-carrot-soup-with-roasted-honey-sriracha-squash-seeds/.



No comments:

Post a Comment