Thursday 28 June 2012

Pretty Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake

http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2011/08/secretly-healthy-chocolate-cake.html

Yummy chocolate cake for the times during the week when you want chocolate/treat but don't want to cheat too badly.  I topped mine with a little icing sugar/cocoa combo.  Super easy!

2/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup applesauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini (carrots would also work)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Set oven to 350.

Mix dry ingredients, add egg, applesauce, vanilla, zucchini and chips.  Pour into a greased and floured pan (bundt, cake, muffin or loaf) and bake for 25-35 mins (depending on your pan) until your toothpick comes out clean.




2 comments:

  1. I make these all the time! I substitute carrots for zucchini, and I put all whole wheat flour in too. They are delish, and super moist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... https://bar8aradavid.wixsite.com/my-site/post/hari-raya-puasa-snacks

    ReplyDelete